Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

LOG DATE Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Advice isn’t something I should spread around, I mean, according to my own ethics; I usually manage to bite my tongue before I utter unsolicited advice, but today I gotta.  I gotta say this:  You gotta stay on top of your health care providers.  I have to remind them of tests, of prescriptions and of my general situation.  OK. ‘Nuf said.

Generally, I am very pleased with my HMO, but some tired old part of me remembers when doctors did the caring and one could lay back and be the patient. Now, it’s self-care or God help you, and God help you anyway.

Now we’ve got the prescriptions; we’ve got about a dozen to keep track of.   And the blood work tests to be done just before the Sutent on Thursday. 

Sometime in April I should find out if this has all been worthwhile. It is not impossible that the Sutent will hold the tumors at bay; we know some people do survive years on Sutent.