Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Log Date Saturday 2013 03 02 13 33

A resected toenail is not a pretty thing, and nail polish won't help. This was a wedge resection, and I hardly believe I heard correctly, but I'm supposed to soak said nail remnant in warm water 3 times a day for six weeks, each time getting a fresh bandage. I hoping I heard that incorrectly and/or there are alternatives. Such chores go against my lazy nature. And there are 3 more nails to do. I think I'll let him get the big right toe when I need it less for driving. The other two are candidates for total nail removal. He mentioned pulling the nails off and leaving a little poison behind. Cheerio. This is the second week off Sutent and I can tell there is a difference in the mouth. Every little bit helps. Sutent resumes this week. Janet and I cope daily, and frankly, all things considered, I think we are doing pretty well. I still hope to hear from others with pRCC, to compare treatment paths. Love and blessing boomerang back to you and all around (it's really wild).