Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

SUTENT, after all…


Monday, May 06, 2013
5/6/2013 11:49 PM

I had a good day and had wanted to say that this round of Sutent is not as bad as the first round, and it’s true, except this evening the nausea and flush set in for a while, so I don’t feel so positive right now.  My theory is running like this: Temsirolimus, especially so soon after the pulmonary embolism and nephrectomy (which alone caused its own episodes of diabetes) was unusually destructive.  So the first time I took Sutent it seemed like a continuation of Temsirolimus with the addition of more GI and skin disturbances.  But now Sutent seems, at times, much tamer.  The almost total fatigue of the first round is gone.  The further I get away from the events of September through February the better I feel, generally.  Sutent comes with some nasty side-effects, but perhaps I’m adapting.  One can gradually adapt to strychnine, I hear.

I probably tried to be too active today; it was a hot day and I don’t react well to being overheated.   For those of you who live outside the Pacific NW but still in the contiguous 48, you may not know that here the seventies are considered warm and eighties too hot; I don’t know how the rest of you bear up under nineties and above. Kyrie Eleison.  Fortunately the nights cool off; perhaps that is why I sitting up in the middle of the night under a fan, hoping the night air will enter our home.