Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Good-bye to my first Oncologist and onward with Sutent


Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The oncology visit went fine, except we had to say good bye to our Oncologist, as he is retiring soon.  He was good to us and we will miss him.  He said all the signs point to continuing with Sutent.

The liver was fine, the bilirubin, the white blood cells, et c.; all I have to is stick to the course and tolerate the side-effects. 

I've got another 7 pills to go, and then 2 weeks off, and then 4 more weeks.  By then I should have a new Oncologist.

It seems I can only do one thing per day, or one event, and then I’m tired.  That may explain why I haven’t gotten my other websites into presentable shape yet.   But I do find time to read.  Janet handed me a book set in Australia, better yet, Western Australia, one of my fantasy locales.  The Light between the Oceans by M. L. Stedman (©2012Grasshill Communications) was wonderful, a very moving story.  Here’s a useful observation from page 323: 

“I choose to,” he said.  “I can leave myself to rot in the past, spend my time hating people for what happened, like my father did, or I can forgive and forget”.


“But it’s not that easy.”


He smiled that Frank smile.  “Oh, but my treasure, it is so much less exhausting.  You only have to forgive once.  To resent, you have to do it all day, every day.  You have to keep remembering all the bad things.”  He laughed, pretending to wipe sweat from his brow.  “I would have to make a list, a very long list and make sure I hated the people on it the right amount. …”  


5/14/2013 6:34 PM 
thallervale at gmail