Search This Blog

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Lovely for the eyes


Saturday, May 04, 2013
5/4/2013 6:58 PM

If you couldn't hear the neighborhood, or if you could subtract the motor noises and the urgent human utterances, the calling and squealing across the yards, and left in the birds chirping (it’s too early for the wood frogs), it would be a lovely evening.  Makes a nice picture, though, a still life.  The air is perfect, a rare occurence.  It’s still a lovely evening.  Has to be.

Sutent is doing its trip alright.  Even my eyelashes look bleached and singed.  But it was much worse last time.  I’m sure the proximity to Temsirolimus made everything worse then.

I’m supposed to take my own blood viscosity measurements now.  And it took me 4 tries.  And that means using four sophisticated strips (and four holes in my fingers) so the Alere folk have to call me and offer more training; I've already explained that I think I’ll get it right next time, but they've called back: maybe I should have some more training.  Problem is I don’t need to take the measurement for at least a week now and they might send someone over again.  Either way, they are going to make sure I am encouraged to get it right.

It feels strange to be here, in Kitsap, in the neighborhood, strange, though sometimes I’m happy to be here.  I used to work and come home to sleep or recuperate.  Now my waking time, these lovely spring days, are in Kitsap.  I’m beginning to feel like I live here.   

Even if the dogs and humans and their machines all went on mute, I’d still hear my ears ringing.  Had ‘em checked out:  all’s well and there not a thing we can do for you. What a strange and marvelous world.