Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

(cont.)

I haven't wanted to write for a while
and so I haven't
which is an old story but we won't go there now
but I should tell you the results of the biopsy.


First, it was transformed into an -ectomy, specifically, a lymphectomy, except lymphectomy doesn't seem to be a word, they keep suggesting lumpdectomy.

And there is a reason for that: lymph is a fluid not an organ.  The organ would be a lymph node.  I assuming that this node is what the surgeon removed.  Somewhere where the neck meets the chest.


And why would he do that?  He  must have assumed the node was malignant, which is what the pathologists later confirmed.

The oncologist said that the node was in fact malignant with pRCC.  He said it would be highly irregular if the other bumps and growths are not also due to pRCC.  So in addition to the growths in my torso, I've got a few around my head.  The oncologist said it wouldn't make any sense to keep cutting them out, that they would just show up elsewhere.
So this is the bad news I have been digesting.   Currently I am staying on chemo, and there are many types of chemo available, if this one stops working.  So it goes.




Aarrgh!